Happy New Year Everyone!
As today marks the first day of the New Year, it brings a great opportunity for business owners to take time out of their busy schedules to come up with a new and improve New Year’s Resolution. We all think about ways to improve our personal lives, but how about our businesses?
Well there is no time like the present. Now is your chance to sit down and prepare a list of things you wish to improve on within your business. On this week’s episode of A Drink With “The Hurricane,” I will give you 3 things to focus on to make 2017 the best year yet!
If you are looking for effective ways to change your business for the better, then you’ll be sure to follow these 3 steps:
- Have a Plan
- As a business owner it is important to reflect on 2016’s data and see where your business can improve.
Is it in your:
- Weekly Billable hours?
- Execute the plan
- Once you have a goal in mind, it is important to come up with ways to reach it. As business owner, we want what’s best for our business, but sometimes it is hard come to come up with a plan and take action. Don’t worry that is were step 3 comes into play.
- Training is a crucial component when you are talking about the growth of your business. Training provides a great opportunity to expand both your knowledge and employee performance. As a business owner, I invest in training for my staff AND I. Training my employees promotes job satisfaction, lowers job retention, and improves the overall quality of my business.
- As a business owner I invest in myself, because I know it will help the whole team. We have a coach and have also joined a Master Mind group. I believe training is the key to my success as a business owner. You are as limited as your knowledge, so I always try to find new ways to improve my business and myself by attending seminars.
If you are interested in training, register for our Referral Masters Boot Camp, February 8-10th, in Houston Texas. Steve “The Hurricane” has sold out Boot Camps nationwide and has transformed the lives of business owners across the nation. If you are serious about establishing a solid foundation for you and your business, this is not the event you want to miss! I look forward to meeting you in Houston, where our team will teach you how to Blow Away The Competition!
President and Owner of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises
Steve Weiss has been in Marketing and Sales his entire life. At age 14, he owned “Neighborhood Kids Landscaping Services” where he cared for lawns around his school schedule. While in College, he sold Cutco Knives, and his honors received then were “Top Sales Rep” in 2000, he helped the Middlesex office have its first Million Dollar year in 2001, and ran the number 1 branch in productivity in the company (out of 400 locations) in 2002.
In 2005 Steve joined Care Choice (A Private Pay Home Care Company) and grew it from 16 active clients to maintaining a census of over 100, growing annual revenues from $750,000 to nearly $5 Million in just 4 short years. Eventually, he became Vice President and partner before selling the company to Senior Bridge. During his time there, Steve was recognized 14 for 14 months straight as a Top Sales Person in Inquiries, Starts, and New Revenue.
In June of 2012, Steve founded and became the President of Hurricane Marketing Enterprises where he currently is a Motivational Speaker, Business Seminar Leader, and Consultant/Coach to clients across the country.
Steve is happily married to his beloved wife Susan, and is the proud father of Steven, Sydney and Sienna who are the light of his life. Lastly, Steve went to school to be a Minister and aspires to accomplish that mission as a second career by age 45.
Latest posts by Steve "The Hurricane" (see all)
- Home Care Marketing: How to Increase Caregiver Retention - May 19, 2017
- Do you have an Exit Strategy for your Home Care Business? - May 5, 2017
- Marketing to Social Workers - April 28, 2017